Hello November! Autumn Update
AUTUMN, WATER, AND WALKS: Recently, I went for a walk by my apartment. There is a beautiful little path that winds through a public vegetable farm and then continues through the neighborhood. As I was walking it slowly began to rain and I could see droplets of water beginning to form on fruit, leaves, and flowers. It was a delightful juxtaposition as my eyes took in bright spring like colors while my skin felt the moisture and coolness of the air. I love autumn, I love color, and I love water.
This past month, I have been thinking about water a lot. In many personal ways water is very important to me. Not only is it alluring to the senses, it also is symbolic of many things. Nearly every significant season of my life has been connected to a prayer time by a body of water.
Here are some of my favorite verses about water: “He leads me beside still waters.” Psalms 23:2, “The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD, over many waters.” Psalms 29:3, “He lays the beams of his chambers on the waters; he makes the clouds his chariot; he rides on the wings of the wind;” Psalms 104:3, ” let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.” Hebrews 10:22
UPDATE: Here are some quick snippets from this month so far.
– I have been enjoying teaching english at Yotsuya school and God has been giving me more of his heart for the students. Each week He seems to give me more love for them and I am enjoying it very much.
– I learned that my Japanese health insurance covers dental! I had a wisdom tooth coming in and my gum got infected. I was able to go to the dentist, get it checked out, and get some antibiotics for only $20. That was a huge blessing. My wisdom tooth removal is scheduled for a month from now.
– Language study is going well. It is frustrating at times but I am learning step by step.
– Things at church have been going great! Been serving on worship team again and am praying about helping with one of the men’s small groups.
– I will be going to the Philippines again early next year. This will be my fourth year in a row and I am really looking forward to what God is going to do. (Details to follow later).
PRAYER POINTS: Thank you so much for your prayers! They really do make a huge difference.
– Health: many people at the YWAM base have been hit with sickness, allergies, infections, etc. Please lift us up in prayer for healing and wholeness!
– Yotsuya: I really believe that God is wanting to do more at Yotsuya. Please pray that He continues to give me His heart for the youth and that I am able to love them well.
– Unity in the Church: Please pray that the body of Christ in Japan will be unified.
– Hope. The suicide rate in Japan has been on my heart more recently. Japan has the 7th highest suicide rate in the world. Please be interceding and praying hope over this nation. Japan needs a radical revelation of the love of God.
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners... They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations."